Sincerity In Praise and Worship

I just thought of sharing this. During a service while we sang the Donnie Mcclurkin song..... Born Born Born again I am glad I am born again...with a reggae beat, Questions kept popping up in my head as we sang and as the lyrics went by. For instance, when we sang ' I have got my mind made up and I won't turn back because I want to see my Jesus some day' the questions posed were; Have I/we really made up my/our mind? Do I/we really want to see Jesus? 
 
'Goodbye world, I stay no longer with you,                                                                                               Goodbye pleasures, I stay no longer with you,                                                                                         I have made up my mind to go God's way the rest of my life.'

The questions posed were like; Have I/We really said goodbye world? Do I/we no longer stay with the world?    'Born Born Born again, I am glad I am Born again' The question posed was; Am I really glad, that I am Born again?                                                                                                                       
These kind of Questions have really brought some kind of awakening in my mind(I thank God). Many more questions can be posed. Unfortunately, even if how loud we sang the song, if these questions cannot be answered rightly, the implications are dire. Some of the implications, if I stated them, I might be accused of being too harsh. Summarily, if the words of the song being sang are not being said from the heart or with utmost sincerity nor are they truly reflecting the state of our hearts, then the song is noise before God and doesn't lift Him up nor bring him any glory (This is me saying it in a sugarcoating language).     Matthew 15:8 'These people honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me'                                                                                                                                         
Therefore, I urge us to examine ourselves and let us be sure to have made up our minds, let us be sure that we really want /desire Jesus, let us be sure that we have said goodbye world and let us be sure that we are singing to God words that reflect the true state of our hearts or in the very least, a desire to conform to the lyrics of the song. Then and only then will we glorify God and enjoy him forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righteousness Exnihilo (Out of Nothing)

The Eternal Shepherd

The Christ We Serve